Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Trama at the Gates House

Jeremy ended up in the ER the weekend of the 20th. He woke up with a strange pain the grew progressively worse as the day went on. By noon he needed to go to the hospital. With his families history with their "guts" not working we worried it was his apendix or galbladder but it was a very large kidney stone. The pain was so different than the one he had in the past so he wasn't sure what it was. After 5 hours of being at the hospital and lots of tests, ultra sounds etc. They sent him home with LOTS of meds. 10:00 p.m that night I made a 911 call because he passed out and stopped breathing twice while sitting on the couch. I was scared to death. He turned white as a ghost and all limp. I tried waking him up over and over again. I pushed on his chest, I smacked his face, yelled his name. While I was explaining to the dispatcher on the other end of the phone, Jeremy took a really deep breath and than turned deep red and started sweating SO bad. He wasn't awake but he was breathing but only for a second and than he passed out again. The parimedics got there in no time at all even though it seemed like forever watching Jeremy go through hell. When they got there they checked his vitals, he was awake and telling me I over reacted! I think not.... he didn't want to ride back to the hospital in the ambulance so after calling my father-in-law to come stay with the kids I took him back to the ER. More test, EKGs and more test but he wasn't feeling better so around 4 am they finally admitted him to the hospital to monitor him more. I went home to


relieve my father-in-law and try to sleep. When Jeremy saw the Uriologist the next morning he was shocked at the type of meds the ER docs had givin him. He gave him the RIGHT meds and sent him home at Noon. It was a crazy few days and I feel truly blessed that Jeremy is better and that he is still here with us. And it's a good thing too because our 4th Habitat for Humanity concert was that day!! And he wouldn't let me cancel it. He is so stubborn!

No comments:

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Summer 2008

picturetrail